Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy New Year

OK, so I haven't blogged in almost a month. Here's a rundown of everything that happened over the holiday.

  • Christmas was good. Really. This was the third holiday without my mom and it wasn't so painful this time.
  • I got some fabulous gifts for Christmas. I gave some fabulous gifts for Christmas.
  • I took a week off and slept. After a super busy fall and holiday season, I needed some serious R & R. Dan and I were zombie-like.
  • We saw the following movies: I AM Legend, Juno and something else I just can't remember right now.
  • I started to read a book. After a several month hiatus from reading, I am currently enjoying The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold.
  • I picked up new business. I will be well-paid until April. WooHoo.

Recently:

  • We purchased a chair this weekend for the library. That room will hopefully be ready for entertaining soon enough. Dinner parties to come.
  • I'm not sleeping well. My interstitial cystitis is beginning to wreak havoc on my life - particularly during sleepy time. Yes, I've missed meetings. I discovered that one of the foremost experts on this disease (?) is based in Long Island.
  • I have a growth on my face that is getting bigger. Dermotologist on Tuesday.
  • I realized that I am one of the cheapest billing freelancers in metro NY - time to raise fees on all new clients...
  • I spent all day on Sunday organizing my office. I get cranky when I'm not organized. Time to buy yet another bookcase.
  • I get depressed in January. I miss my mom.

No comments: